Donoghue v Stevenson
The Paisley Snail MiniTrial
Chapter 3 – MiniTrial Case Papers
This Chapter contains a set of MiniTrial Case Papers for use in conducting your MiniTrial.
This “remix” set of papers includes:–
1. The Facts – a brief summary,
2. The Closed Record – the written pleadings in the case,
3. The Law – a very brief summary of the relevant principles,
4. Precognitions (witness statements) for the pursuer’s witnesses,
5. Precognitions for the defender’s witnesses,
7. The Pursuer’s Opening Speech to the Jury – a possible outline,
8. The Defender’s Opening Speech to the Jury – a possible outline,
9. The Pursuer’s Closing Speech to the Jury – a possible outline,
10. The Defender’s Closing Speech to the Jury – a possible outline,
11. The Charge – a style which the Judge can use for the Charge to the Jury,
12. Jury Observation Sheets – for the jurors to use if they wish.